Tuesday 27 May 2014

Graduation & Formal - end of high school #classof2014

By the time this post is published, I'm probably in the beach somewhere with my year group for the grad trip! (To see #instadaily pictures and sun, sea & sand, follow me on instagram!) On Saturday, it was my graduation ceremony & formal and so I thought I'd share a few pictures. Of course, I have more on my instagram hereeee


Family picture!


After the ceremony in the morning, it was time for the formal at night! I've been looking forward for this for ages. We didn't exactly have a theme...it was originally The Great Gatsby to honour the book that most of us had to painstakingly analyse for our IGCSE years but somehow that got discarded along the way... :( :( :(


My outfit for the night, a bodycon, one shoulder maxi dress from Boohoo. I wanted something simple, classy and inexpensive so I can wear it over and over again and not just for one night. I especially liked the navy blue material and how the material seems glittery...but not quite. Best part? It was only £10!!!! I opt for this particular design because the one shoulder breaks up my broader shoulders and since it's bodycon, it makes it look like I actually have curves :P Oh and, the cut of this dress makes me look wayyy taller than I actually am. (double win.)

I paired this with nude-ish heels from ASOS, a simple black clutch from Bonita and chandelier statement earrings that I received from my sister for my birthday (post here).


For nails, I originally planned on each black nails...but then decided that was too boring so I layered it with bright blue glitter bits to compliment the dress!


From L-R: Michelle, Cheryl and myself (:


Full body picture - taken from Instagram

The event was everything I could've hoped for! Everyone looked absolutely gorgeous all glammed up in their dresses and guys in suits...it was a pretty amazing sight. The food was great, decorations were simple but sufficient and my favourite thing - the photobooth! Also, the teachers treated us to a lip syncing competition between themselves which is always entertaining to watch :P


For all those that are still taking their exams, wishing you all the best of luck! The end is almost there!


Want to win a trip for 2 to Las Vegas & watch Britney Spears live? Simply enter here. Prize also includes return flights, limousine transfers, 5 nights at a 5* hotel AND 5 dresses of your choice!



post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stumbling on to my little slice of the Internet + for taking the time to comment! I try to reply back to all of them.Have a great day (:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
09 10